Monday, March 31, 2008

I have the bug to re-decorate!

uh oh :) John's a little nervous when I say this because he knows it involves $$$, but I am trying to keep it inexpensive. For example, I recently purchased this fabric...
...from urban outfitters and I have ideas to sew new pillows or curtains for the living room, or a duvet cover for the guest bedroom. Thanks to Alicia I will be a master at the sewing machine, which I know will keep the cost down :) That's good, right :)

Other purchases in the near future (more fabric) may include...

Possible guest bedroom...(totally stole from the Shinners and Kayla)
Curtains for large window in staircase...
Just dang cute for the kitchen...
Ok now for the un-affordable from Anthropologie, maybe when I'm a millionaire one day :)

$228.00...lamp
$898.00...8x10 rug
$1,298.00...possible sewing desk (not to scale)
$2,624.00...couch (not to scale)

So maybe when I get some stuff together I'll post some pics :)

7 comments:

Allison Murray said...

2 things:
1) you know how to sew?
2) where are our ragin' ronald pictures??!?!?

amywopsle said...

love it all! i'm a decorating freak/stalker - as in I'm a wannabe who watches all the design shows and is an avid subscriber to all the design magazines. if you like inexpensive design ideas you should check out domino magazine and the Martha Stewart "bluelines" blog. i'm addicted.

Jordyn said...

i LOVE all that stuff you picked. especially the couch. i heart anthropologie. and i am learning how to sew too! i have friends all lined up to teach me and my mother in law gave me an old school sewing maching to learn on.
i want to sew handbags. handbags by jordyn. so chic. and of course pillows are SO fun.

well done friend. well done.

All Things Cook said...

oh my gosh...love all of it. love you. miss you like crazy!!

Jordan said...

These are all adorable!

kayla rae said...

I love them all, we can totally be twins!

Amanda said...

ah yes, the unavoidable decorating dilemma. i die over anthropologie, too. i walk into that store, salivate a little, and then walk out entirely motivated to go make myself into a millionaire so i can actually buy something there--someday.

and you're sewing? impressive =). i am so proud. i have my mom's old sewing machine; it's weighs a ton and is older than i am but it still works great. we'll see if i end up busting it out to decorate our house. the girls' rooms need curtains. . again.

i saw erica and ry tonight at that new movie, "expelled!" it is amazing and even shocking. you've got to check it out! you'll love it.

love you lots. . . and good luck decorating! let's get together soon =).