Monday, August 18, 2008

Off to houseboats for the 2nd time this summer...


So we leave in just a few hours for Lake Shasta...

We load the bus at about 10pm and arrive at the lake around 8am :) Yes, it is a long ride, but so worth it to not drive during the day! This is one of my favorite trips of all time! I love that we get students completely away from what they are use to, there are no TV's, no video games, basically no distractions. The trip is HIGHLY relational and VERY fun!

This is a (scary) pic of me and Andrea, she works with the ministry we go through and I am so excited to hang out with her for another week :)

So of course I haven't packed, but there isn't really much that I need, a backpack full, a sleeping bag and pillow! It's seriously great!!

So John and I won't be around for a week!!



see ya!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You guys will have a blast! I did a houseboat trip for a church in Houston several years ago and it was the best summer trip ever!

Trinity Bat Co. said...

have fun! wish i could go... kind of :) hope it is a blast!