Monday, March 2, 2009

pictures of the tooth...

So here are the pics....It was a very painful process and looks like it will continue for about a year...

This was sunday night, approx 7 hours after the injury. The lower half of my face swelled and the next day my lip was giant. So we have no pics of the next day, but just think of a simpson's character that has a giant upper lip and a tiny lower lip

this is the brace/bracket they put on my gum after they moved the tooth as best as they could back in place, swelling was down.



Me and my clear braces that I will have for a year. I get lower braces on the bottom teeth on saturday in order to fix my bite. The impact shifted my bite out of place.


the brace on my gums removed (3 weeks after the accident) it was bloody and pussy for a few days... Gross is all I can say.



cleaned up and now waiting for the gums to heal...

So as of now, I am still on a "no chew" diet, I don't know for how much longer. My upper teeth have changed yellow because of a rinse I had to use for my gums. I go to the dentist tomorrow for a cleaning, praying it works, if not I will have yellow upper teeth and white lower teeth till I get my braces off and can bleach them. All in all the situation is pretty lame, trying to stay positive and learn all that God has for me in a silly little tooth!

4 comments:

All Things Cook said...

Oh my goodness...you are such a trooper!! Hang in there friend...we'll be praying! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

this is what happens when people move from saddleback church over to mariners. consider it a lesson learned. haha :)

Jennifer Irons said...

Yikes! Now you get to be cool like David was and wear super awesome braces!

amywopsle said...

Oh dear Mariah! I do know that you are so strong and God knows you will endure through this! You're amazing girl! PS, I'm a weenie and several times throughout looking through those photos, I made a gagging sound and Wopsle was like "what are you looking at?" Oh yeah, a little throw up, right here.