Thursday, February 19, 2009

What my last few weeks have been like...

Well, things haven't gotten any easier. I am reminded daily by other peoples stories that it could have been A LOT worse. My friend Michelle had to have her jaw wired shut for almost 4 months! My friend Anna had all four of her front teeth knocked out in high school and has to get them re-done every 6 years! Craziness! My story is not that bad, but I have bad days.

I am still on a "no chew" diet, which is really annoying, I can't really smile like I use to, and I am still in pain. Today was one of the worst days at the dentist and because of a stupid dental assistance I am back on vicodine for pain. I also found out today that I need to get braces. My appointment with the orthodontist is on Saturday and my appointment with the oral surgeon is on Monday. So if I get braces on Saturday I will have a LOT of metal in my mouth this weekend!

I am trying to see the bigger picture, trying to learn what God wants to teach me through this, trying to stay positive, but some days it's just hard. I am frustrated at the pain, the time, the COST!! it's unbelievable! I do have an amazingly supportive husband who takes the BEST care of me and allows me to be sad some days. I appreciate your prayers and suggestions on food. This will all pass and I will have a straight white smile again...I just don't know when.

The first day after the accident when I was in so much pain and so sad, I was encouraged by this...

Hebrews 13:5b

“I will never fail you.
I will never abandon you.”

I am grateful that God cares for me and my stupid tooth!

3 comments:

All Things Cook said...

You poor poor thing! I am so sorry friend. I hope you feel better real soon. I'm thinking about you! Miss you so much!!!

Monique said...

♥ you!

Cathi said...

Yes, God does care- and WE all care too! It's actually been an encouragement to me to see how all of your amazing friends have supported you through this. We're all still praying sweet Mariah!