Friday, January 16, 2009

training for a run...not a race

So I am training for a run, not a race. See we live really close to the ocean about a mile and a half. There are beautiful places to run (as seen in previous posts) so I am training for a run that hopefully I will be able to do once or twice a week on a regular basis. So here is the run...
The part along PCH will actually be ran on the beach, but googles maps didn't let me do it that way. It ends up being about 6+ miles, yes it is very hilly which is why I am "training" probably weird, but I am really excited about it. I might even make a fake medal for when I complete it for the first time... wish me luck.

Also, I am putting no time line. So I have no idea when I will actually do it, but I'll let you know! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Gerry Rojas said...

Nice work! Bonni and I use this:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/

It's great not only because it's designed specifically for mapping running routes but it also lets you see the routes other people in your area have created and even lets them give feedback.

Holy crap I sounded like a corporate shill just now.

Trinity Bat Co. said...

Sounds like a great plan! Let me know when you are ready to do it and I will come run it with you every once in awhile! That would be so fun!

All Things Cook said...

Mariah...hooray!! I wish I could run on the beach...miss you! And good luck!! I know you'll be running it in NO time!

Jourdan said...

let me know when you run...I am in!!