Thursday, August 16, 2007

1st day on the new job....

And it was fabulous! It's crazy doing a job that you know so well! I felt super comfortable with the staff and what my role will be on the team! I got my desk mostly set up, but there are a few more things to add. I share an office with Sadie and she is great! Ok well, I am going to tell you a little about the team...

Brian is in charge of our weekend program, any and everything weekend. He's great and a fellow Biola grad. Married with 2 cute boys!

Schu is our part-time worship guy. I only met hime briefly, but I'm sure he is great!

Cody is the coordinator of our midweek on wednesdays. At first I was confused because usually small groups meet mid-week, but wednesday night is more of a reach event. Casual, fun, hang out, with some lessons and worship, but it is more for the non-mariners students we are trying to reach! I love this idea. Cody is also a Biola grad!

Sadie is my office mate as I mentioned earlier and she does a ton. She plans all events, as well as, leads the student leaders. I mentioned in a previous post that we are leaving for a houseboat trip on saturday, she planned it all. But I think a very cool part of her job is that she organizes an afterschool program. Where students in the area can come hang out with our staff and volunteers afterschool and play games, eat dinner with us, and just have a place to go! I love it!

Phil is the Junior High pastor and leads all of us as well as doing the volunteer recruiting, training, and care, he is awesome! Seriously, I am moving from one great boss to the next! He is married to Alicia (she is so fun) and has 2 beautiful little girls!

So that's the team and I am very excited!

2 comments:

Sara Flynn said...

okay wait - what's YOUR job??!!! :) that's a blog request my friend!!! want to hear all about what you are doing!

Jordan said...

yay i'm so glad you're liking it there! i'm so happy you're back too! :)