Friday, August 24, 2007

Just got back from Summer Camp!

So John and I just arrived back in Mission Viejo from summer camp with Mariners Junior high! Umm and I have to be honest probably the best camp experience as an adult in my whole life! It was a houseboat trip to lake shasta in Nor Cal. Here are some highlights:

-taking 52 students and seeing them all connect in a very cool way with each other and Jesus
-going tubing with the sweetest little 6th graders and getting wrecked
-being able to just hang out with students and not worry about anything else
-watching our students do crazy jumps off the top of the houseboats
-a student in our group named Connor, seriously hilarious!
-the hike to the waterfall, students slipping into different pools along the way
-Marshall Quakenbush being the first to throw himself into the mud
-the students got to go wakeboarding, kneeboarding, or tubing everyday!
-getting to know a very cool group of paid staff and volunteer staff
-watching John connect with so many students and volunteers
-ummm, laying in the sun all day!!!
-late night dutch blitz and speed uno
-taking 50 Junior Highers to Denny's at 430 in the morning because our bus driver was a speed racer!
-I can't believe this is my job!!

And of course I have no picutres because of a lame camera, but when I get them from others I'll put some up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing! I love Lake Shasta! And Junior Highers and God. Not in that order.

E.Money said...

that sounds soooooo fun!! lets hang out soon!!!! :)