Sunday, June 17, 2007

the human body is an amazing thing

John and I went for a run yesterday and to tell you the truth we didn't make it very far. I was shocked to see how much we were huffing and puffing. But we attributed that to being out of shape of course as well as both of us suffering from colds. It was so funny to think that I use to be able to go out and run 5miles no problem, or play a 90 minute soccer game. what happen? I want it back!

So....

John and I have heard rumors that couples gain weight the first year of marriage and then it just keeps coming. We decided to deny that this is true and get out and exercise. Our plan is to run in the mornings and walk in the evenings. We are only eating healthy food and committed to water! We went to the grocery store the other day and purchased fruits and vegetables and basically everything whole grain or wheat. We have committeed to eating out once a week, unless someone else is paying (usually parents), so we can save money! Oh and if we go to Starbucks, green tea or passion tea are the only options.

So....

I will check back in one month from now to let you know how we're doing. Feel free to ask every once in a while to see how we're doing.

You want to join in?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. By the way, Wendy and I didn't gain weight in the first year. It was like the third.

In other news, we're training to do the mud run at camp pendleton in the fall. Natalie Hall might do it with us and if you guys happen to be out here, you could do it with us too!

Amanda said...

Mariah!!! I came across your blog starting at Lindsey Martin's, then about 3 blogs in I find yours! I am so excited for you that you've gotten married! Married life is wonderful! (Mark and I are going on about four and a half years now!) Congrats! Looks like you're doing very well and are so happy. Email me at amandaearnest@hotmail.com or check out our little family's blog at "theearnestfamily.blogspot.com." I'd love to get in touch...it's been too long!!!

Hugs,
Amanda Earnest (Stapley) =)

Allison said...

This is my plan in the next few months...because I'm totally screwed if I get married now and gain MORE weight...

So, as of tomorrow...it's water only for me...and my good friend Gym and I will work on our relationship...