Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer weather in Oklahoma...

Ok, well, the typical question I get when talking to friends and family is, "how is the weather?" Let me tell you, it is nothing like California! It is sticky, overcast, and rainy most of the days. Apparently this is rare for this time of year, usually we have a lot more sun and A LOT more heat. Anyway, the other night I was at a friends apartment when I recieved a panic message from my sweet husband saying that I HAD to be home by 930 because there was a thunderstorm coming. Now, normally, I would say, "hah, why are you freaking out, I know how to drive in the rain." Well, not so much here! You see, here we have a thunderstorm with 100 mile hour winds! yeah! I was a little scared to drive, so I rushed home. Anyway, I got home and the storm hit! It was really intense, John of course was loving it and I was hiding under the covers! It was strong wind, heavy rain, thunder, and lighting every 2 seconds it felt like. Our power went out and then the internet hasn't worked until today. Anyway, I survived my first severe storm! Have you ever been in a bad storm?

No comments: