Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I had a job interview today...

Well, I had my first official job interview with Chesapeake Energy. It is the third largest Natural Gas company in the U.S. There are thousands of employees, hundreds of people who apply, and if you live in Oklahoma you know about Chesapeake, it is a great company. I had to go back to my college experience and remember my professors constantly tell me that it is often about who you know in order to get your foot in the door. So good old Bill Snyder (father-in-law) came through. He has worked at Chesapeake for 13 years and walked my resume right up to the head of Accounting. So I had 4 different interviews with 7 different people. It was exhausting! I think I did pretty good, I had to refresh myself on all that I learned from my accounting classes in college, but I think even if I don't get hired it just felt good to get out and interview. I know that God is in control so if it's not where I am supposed to be then he has something better for me. I will tell you it was difficult to get into the professional mindset after working in youth ministry for the last several years. As well as, that I 100% feel called to youth ministry, but am at a crossroad with not really knowing what to do. Trying to seek God everyday and understand what His will is for our lives, I feel in the depths of my heart that we will be back in California doing ministry. I don't know when, but if you would like to pray for us, pray that God will make His answers so clear to us it would smack us in the face. We know He is the ultimate Provider and that I might need to be in a job that isn't necessarily my calling and if this is so I will do the best I can with what God lays in front of us. Thank you for your prayers, thoughts, phone calls, and emails! We love you!

4 comments:

Kurt Johnston said...

hmmm...this post leaves me a bit sad. I know your heart for ministry, Mariah. I'm praying for you guys. Give me a call if you'd like.

kj

Anonymous said...

Wendy and I are totally praying for you too! This time for you sounds very similar to what we went through a few months ago. I love your attitude! Hang in there, hang on God, and learn the most you can.

Allison Murray said...

i miss you.
i wish i was there so we could have one of our typical allison and mariah talks face to face instead of over the phone.
i love you guys a lot and pray for you often!!

E.Money said...

I could not agree more about your amazing attitude and heart..and I know that God is going to bless that. You are both loved, prayed for, and missed!!