Saturday, June 16, 2007

Oklahoma vs. California

Well, I think I will forever say I am a Californian. I have learned that I won't ever become an "okie" as they call it out here. There is just too much of me that loves california. But for fun I decided to give you a list of things that are great about oklahoma, things that are weird/annoying/difficult about oklahoma, and finally what I miss most in california.

Things that are great in Oklahoma:
1. We have a beautiful house and I get to live here with my amazing husband!
2. there is really NO traffic
3. it is very green here!
4. the people are very nice.
5. everything is cheaper, gas, clothes, groceries.
6. the sun sets at like 9pm (so much daylight!)
7. I am roughly 3 hours or less from some of my greatest Kanakuk friends!
8. Oklahoma City is about 10 minutes from us and there are a lot of really great resturants and movie theaters.
9. great country stations on the radio
10. we get to watch John's brother do the weather every morning (NBC)
11. McAlisters sweet tea!!!!! Oh it is so delicious!
12. Charleston restaurant, one of my favs
13. living close to john's family and friends.
14. Mathis Brothers furniture! So inexpensive and so nice!

Things that are weird/annoying/difficult about Oklahoma (please dont take this as unhappiness, just observations)
1. oklahomans are TERRIBLE drivers! They don't know how to merge onto the freeway, they just stop!!!
2. the weather is hot and sticky, with crazy thunderstorms along the way
3. there are SOOOOO many bugs! I feel like I am in the middle of the plague
4. COX Communications is just not the same...DVR is slower and doesn't have the same or enough features
5. the roads are not good, I question if they pay city taxes
6. the on ramps and off ramps on the highway are the dumbest things every, they twist and turn and then you basically feel like you are going to get sideswiped.
7. There are not as many, restaurants, starbucks, movie theaters, or malls to choose from.

Things I miss most about California
1. my family. I miss going to breakfast with my mom everymorning
2. our friends. I am sad that we can't say, yeah lets do dinner at our place
3. My c-groups girls. I am so sad I don't get to see them enter high school
4. hanging out with allison murray everyday!
5. I miss the staff at saddleback
6. the students at Wildside
7. the weather
8. the beach
9. IN N OUT, claim jumper, daphnes, sushi, bagels and brew, a starbucks on every corner!
10. the mall and the spectrum
11. driving on any street in orange county and having millions of memories
12. coffee meetings with my friends
13. the volunteers in wildside
14. monique, my hairstylist at legends II in RSM
15. Team lunch & meetings

I am sure there is more that I will notice here and miss there, I'll let you know when I find them!

4 comments:

Eric said...

You must have John take you to Teds Mexican Restaurant. It is the most amazing food ever.

Monique said...

Thanks for missing me. I miss my favorite client too!

Allison Murray said...

ahhh. i miss you so much. Our daily hanging out was my favorite thing in the world. you are soooooo missed! but i'm glad you're finding fun things about Oklahoma!! Be patient, you will find amazing friends there in the least likely places. (even ones that seem mean at first.) =)
love you so much!

Anonymous said...

sigh.....not a lot of malls?! oh girl...sooo glad that your hubby is there to make it all wonderful and worth it! :)

sincerely miss you