Friday, June 15, 2007

Well, I am on a new path...

Ok, well, as most of you know the plan was for me to start at Journey Church on monday as the Small Groups Director for College Journey. After a lot of prayer and conversations with John we decided to decline the position. There were many reasons, but the main one was that I am not ready to give up my passion for Junior high ministry especially junior high girls. John and I felt that we would be split between 2 different ministries, 2 different sets of students, volunteer, services, and events. The church was very understanding of our decision and appreciated that I wouldn't just take the job to have a job. John and I are excited to be a team and to improve the Junior High ministry and take it to a healthy level.

So...it now leaves me looking for employment. So fun! I have a few ides of what I am looking for, but I plan on going back to school in the fall, so hopefully I will find something with flexible hours. We would love and appreciate your prayers!!!

Mariah and John

3 comments:

Allison Murray said...

proud of you friend. =)
i'm excited to see what door opens for you next.
you're being prayed for!!
love you!

Anonymous said...

Wendy and I totally miss you guys and are praying for you!

Anonymous said...

so great!

are you thinking of doing nursing?!